If you're a student of the English 101 class or any similar course, you have most probably faced tons of writing assignments. They drive most students mad. School students feel less pressure than college and university peers. Higher academic levels require higher knowledge and broader set of skills. That is why students from colleges receive more complicated assignments. The topics become more complex.
Usually, the teachers or professors assign the topics on their own. However, sometimes students have a right to pick their own questions for discussion.
An argumentative essay is that type of academic papers which requires three set if skills from each student:
- Research skills
- Reading and writing
When you experience difficulties with at least one of the listed skills, it is better to hire professional assistance from one of that numerous, trusted websites. In any case, try to compose an essay on your own without any help. You may use various examples available on the internet for free.
Remember: argumentative tasks are assigned to maintain debating abilities. This sort of task impacts how well a student will give speeches in public or simply defend his point of view in the future.
How to Choose Negotiable Argumentative Topics Wisely
Many students feel relaxed when their tutors come up with the topic ideas. Still, it is better to have a freedom of choice as far as you can pick the issue which interests you. It is possible to choose an interesting topic from any field of science. While working on the argumentative paper, a student must gather all relevant and time-tested sources to show his awareness of the particular problem. Students should use some of the following credible resources:
- Their class textbooks
- Various published editions
- Academic journals
- Laws and regulations
You may be an expert in the selected area, but always remember to add quotes from the external sources. This way, students prove that they can gather and choose sources with the most quality information on the given topic. Moreover, in-text citations will show your awareness of the different papers formats. Formatting is one of the steps on the way to your desired grade. Whenever you have any doubts concerning the topic to write your argumentative essay on, contact online specialists who are selling cheap custom argumentative essays on any topics in the world. They know how to make your essay stand out from the rest of the papers.
Grab Your Stunning Essay
Top Recommended Argumentative Essay Topics
Simple Argumentative Essay Topics
- The complexity of the US educational system
- The problem of obesity among American population
- Free access to the internet is one of the biggest threats to education
- Men should have a right to make decisions on their own whether to join the war or not
- College curriculum should be changed with respect to students’ preferences
- The advantages of higher education
- Which languages are the most widespread and demanded nowadays?
- Is Spanish really the simplest language to study?
- MBA: pros and cons of studying business
- Can we say about an educational system that it is too commercialized?
- Why are Michigan, SAT, and ACT results important?
Sports Related Subjects
- Are steroids helping or destroying our body?
- PE lessons in the educational system.
- NCAA: advantages and disadvantages
- What is the highest achievement in sport?
- Is Mike Tyson still a superstar?
Argumentative Paper Topics for Young Students
- Is there a strong correlation between regular training, meals, and overall health condition?
- Are diets as effective as they are told?
- The negative consequences of the anorexia fashion.
- Why should people dedicate more time to sleep?
- Is it still cool to play golf?
- Is swimming the only sport that keeps fit all human body muscles?
- Skiing and other risky sports.
- Children should not watch horror films.
College Argumentative Essay Topics
- It is illegal to produce and sell tobacco
- 25 years of prison instead of the death sentence
- Passive smokers suffer more than active
- Can alcohol completely destroy human brain?
- The government should forbid alcohol sales after 10 P.M.
- Are non-alcoholic energetic drinks dangerous?
- Does TV have a right to document every court proceeding?
- When can people start voting?
- The most appropriate age to start smoking or using alcohol.
- Is there justice for social minorities?
- Was the Industrial Revolution spread all over Europe?
Classical Argumentative Ideas
- The government must forbid the usage of species of animals in research
- Government must punish each citizen who does harm to the environment
- Are electric vehicles the best solution the problem of pollution?
- Globalization: for and against
- Why do people say that Wilson actually lost the war?
- The strong aspects of Roosevelt reign
- Was King-Kong right killing humans who came to investigate his land?
- Are the US really under the threat of disappearing from the map?
- The consequences of tornado
- Tsunami and its sacrifices
- How can people protect the nature of Amazonia?
- Are there any true Indians left on the territory of America?
Controversial Argumentative Topics
- How to overcome the risk of the Third World War?
- Is there a chance that financial crisis will stop?
- More schools should become public and free
- Top colleges and universities should raise their acceptance rates
- Everyone has a right to free education
- The right way to implement gun control and other preventing measures
- Same-sex marriages and their impact on the society
- High level of corruption is one of the causes of low wages
- Is there a way to be above the law?
- Communism is not that bad
- Is CIS the best replacement of the USSR?
Technological Argumentative Essay Topics
- Computer games like shooters caused mass murders at the US schools
- Are many modern people lonely due to the existing technology?
- Filthy language on the web
- The age of technologies turns us into zombies
- The usage of smartphones leads to less live communication
- Technology and its influence on educational system
- When will the rapid technological advancement stop?
Argumentative Essay Related to Social Media
- Is technology restricting human imagination?
- Threats of having accounts in social networks like Facebook
- The modern world depends on the Internet heavily
- Can virtual relationships exist?
- Is online censorship critical for the Internet users?
Fifth & Sixth Grade Argumentative Essay
- Healthcare: any treatment must be free
- People are all kind by their nature
- The working hours must be reduced to let people dedicate more time to their families
- The wages should go up in the United States
- Governments must invest more in the social movements
- Parents cannot interrupt too much in the lives of their kids
- Spy applications do really work
- Cloning is not legal
- Every woman has a right to decide on her own regarding abortion
- Is it OK for a woman to date a much younger man?
- Cross-cultural marriages positively impact the racial tolerance
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Is online dating safe enough?
Humorous & Joking Argument Topics
- Would Superman find his place in a real world?
- Why do Ninja Turtles love pizza?
- Who should portray April in TNMT movie?
- 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D: When Will It Ever Stop?
- Can the chip fully control our brains and actions?
- The jokes of Peter Griffin make Family Guy the best TV show ever
- Why are humans in Simpsons yellow?
- Marijuana does no real harm to human health
- How to make parents softer with their children?
Music + Art + Cinematography Argumentative Essay Topics
- Can you earn enough money on art?
- Music and films are better than painting
- Which type of art is the most popular in Europe?
- Can you earn sufficient amount of money being an artist?
- Are today's lyrics making any sense?
- Heavy metal makes more sense than hip-hop
- Modern movies are worse than they used to be in the middle of 20th century
- Kurt Cobain did not kill himself
Download More Argumentative Paper Examples Online
Helpful Tips & Common Features of the Good Topic Ideas
If you want every reader to enjoy your writing and make it to the end, here is what you should do:
- Select an idea that everybody is talking about today. Consider rumors, facts, interesting stories, etc.
- Pick a problem which makes the majority of people have doubts.
- Try to select the audience which denies your point of view.
- Choose the topic on which everybody has a unique thought.
- Come up with a topic which relates to your own
We Have Collected the Most Useful Hints and Prompts Based on the Successful Argumentative Essays:
- Avoid choosing obvious argumentative essay topics!
- Never pick an issue that does not have any arguments. Ignore topics that are too trivial.
- A persuasive paper has to concentrate on the problem discussed by centuries. It may even lead to the international conflicts, but people will go on discussing it.
- Issues connected with the politics (e.g. US government or elections) are always great.
- Feel free to pick the topic associated with the modern college standards that do annoy most of the students. It may stimulate your peers to argue with your tutors, but that is what argumentative essay is all about!
- Avoid topics that people usually agree on without any hesitations.
- Try not to choose any topics related to the sensitive aspects of our life such as religion, gender, nationality, etc.
- Follow MLA or APA format as there are many examples on the web.
- Always pay attention to what other people say about your chosen theme.
You may notice that the process is almost always the same. The main purpose is to select the most inspiring argumentative essay topics to have an impact you expect. The goal is to satisfy your target audience, no matter whether it's your teacher or classmates. Pretend that you compete to receive the highest award in some contest. Here, A grade is your most wanted prize. Each time you demand quick assistance with your task, contact online expert writing service which can prepare an argumentative essay on the topic you like. They will do it pretty fast.
What about the Structure?
Every academic paper has its own structure. The argumentative essay involves the following stages:
- Broad primary and secondary research
- Collecting sources
- Choosing the most trusted and latest sources
- Preparing a draft
- Writing your paper
- Proofreading & Editing
- Double-checking all mistakes
As for the organization of the final essay, it is recommended to use a 5-paragraph structure. Develop an outline and keep to it. Your unique ideas must flow in this way:
- Introduction. Include some interesting facts, add a quote, joke, or find another way to attract the reader from the very beginning. Then, create a powerful thesis statement.
- First body paragraph. Begin with your argument number one. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Second body paragraph. Write down your argument number two. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Third body paragraph. Write down your argument number three. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Conclusion. It is the last paragraph of your entire essay. Restate your thesis which is the last sentence of your introduction. Prepare a brief review of the main points. Add Call-to-Action in the last sentence.
- Bibliography. List all of the applied sources.
Is't it easy to choose, prepare a draft, write, and proofread? Save your best argumentative essays to use them in your future career.
When you have no wish to work on your argumentative paper or any other academic assignments, keep in mind that there are professional online writers capable of completing the task of any difficulty level. They are 24/7 available to help the students of the English-speaking world with their academic troubles. Raise your performance and productivity by ordering an exclusive argumentative paper from the top US and UK writers!
Wishing for a magic writing solution? – We’ve got one for you
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
By choosing good topics for an argumentative essay, at first you should find out what an argumentative essay is and what writing tips are necessary to follow. This essay presents the arguments with their supporting and opposing ideas. The writer should persuade the reader to adopt his or her point of view and behavior rules.
The distinctive characteristic of this type of essay is that the author needs to rebut the arguments of the opposite stance. What this means is that you need to elaborate what evidence the opposition has and find facts to refute it. Some students even think that this type of paper is the most difficult.
However, you shouldn’t panic, because each task that is given to you in college or high school can be completed successfully if you have a good strategy. One thing you need to remember is that planning can ease this process a lot. The first step of writing the paper is selecting the topic. Sometimes this step can take even twenty percent of the entire work time. We decided to make this easier for you and have gathered issues in one list which you will see below. Hopefully, our topic ideas inspire you to write an A-level paper. Before moving to the list, we recommend that you get acquainted with these quick and useful tips.
How to Choose an Argumentative Essay Topic
Make sure that the topic is not too broad. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reveal it properly. Try to be specific by focusing on a certain aspect of a general issue.
Take into consideration that good argumentative essay topics should concern a conflict that urges many discussions in society. It should be an important and arguable topic.
When opting for an argumentative essay topic, find out whether you will be able to find proper factual information to support your arguments.
Under the conditions of tight deadlines, you need to make quick, yet well-thought decisions. All essay topics have their advantages and disadvantages. If you can’t select the topic among several choices, compare them by defining the pros and cons of each.
Before presenting a certain argument, make sure it is strong enough to convince the reader. Each argument should be supported with evidence consisting of facts, stats, and so on.
Ask yourself the question: “Do I care about this issue?” That way, you’ll understand whether the subject is truly interesting for you. If it is, you are likely to perform better with your task.
The List of Good Topics for an Argumentative Essay
- Can the death penalty be effective?
- Is buying a lottery ticket a good idea?
- Is competition really good?
- Is religion the cause of war?
- Is fashion really important?
- Are girls too “mean” in their friendship?
- Are feminist women being too harsh on other women who don’t support the movement?
- Can smoking be prevented by making tobacco illegal?
- Is a highly competitive environment good or bad for studying or working?
- Is it true that life 100 years ago was easier?
- What are the drawbacks of a democratic political system?
- What is cultural shock and how does it impact our perception of other people’s cultures?
- Should working moms be given special privileges?
- Should there still be any quotas for accepting people from minorities?
- Is being fired a suitable punishment for cyberbullying?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Are cell phones really dangerous?
- Does social media fame impact one’s life?
- Will we ever be able to stop using social media from our own free will?
- Can humanity get rid of the Internet and continue developing?
- Are reading ebooks worse than reading paper books?
- What are the drawbacks of online dating apps such as Tinder?
- Should content on the Internet be more restricted?
- Will paper money be substituted by electronic money?
- Does a constant social media connection make people feel more lonely and stressed?
- Do technologies that ease housekeeping, such as a robotic vacuum cleaner, make people too idle?
- Who is responsible for the excessive amount of abusive language in comments (under blogs and social media posts, videos, etc.) on the Web?
- What is the impact of technology on people’s ability to create?
- What is considered as superfluous usage of the Internet, and can it be counted as a form of addiction?
- Will the creation of artificial intelligence which can regulate itself lead to human extinction?
- Should torture be acceptable?
- Is it ethical to tell someone else’s secret to a person involved in that secret (for example, if you discover that your friend has been cheated on)?
- Do paparazzi violate the private lives of celebrities?
- Is it fair that people with no special skills get famous and rich from social media?
- Is it a good idea to start a diary?
- Is it fair to control the time a teenager dedicates to playing computer games or using the Internet?
- Should people help the poor?
- Can a person whose spouse is in a coma demand a divorce?
- Do beauty pageants influence the moral values of society in the wrong way?
- Do cameras placed in public places infringe on people’s privacy?
- Should women who don’t have enough money for living opt for an abortion?
- Does a person with a physically or mentally disabled significant other have a moral right to cheat?
- Is killing a murderer immoral?
- Should people use animal tested cosmetics and drugs to protect themselves from dangerous consequences?
- Is it moral to refuse to save someone’s life if there’s any risk for your own?
- Is homework helpful?
- At what age should sex education be introduced at schools?
- Does the amount of information we have to learn in school get bigger? Is this good or bad?
- Does home schooling undermine a child’s ability to learn how to socialize?
- If college education is made free, will it be more or less qualitative?
- If compulsory homework is canceled, would children stop learning at all?
- Should children be taught at school about gender nonconformity and various types of sexual orientation?
- Should the grades or attendance for gym impact the GPA of a student?
- Should school teachers and staff members be allowed to socialize with students after school?
- Are standardized tests a good way to evaluate someone’s knowledge?
- Should children be occasionally tested for drugs at school?
- If a child doesn’t like the subject, can a school administration absolve him or her from studying the subject on the parents’ demand?
- Should all subjects be optional?
- Do prof-orientation tests really help students to decide on a profession?
- Should children be taught housekeeping at school?
- Is it useful or harmful to give treats to a child when he or she does well in school?
- If your child doesn’t like studying, is it acceptable to force him or her?
- Should people undergo testing to become parents?
- Is it irresponsible to have many children? (five or more)
- Is it fair to control the time a teenager dedicates to playing computer games or using the Internet?
- At what age should parents allow teenagers to try alcohol?
- Should children be asked by the court who they want to stay with after their parents’ divorce?
- Should siblings of different gender be treated the same way by parents?
- Should adults be responsible for their elderly parents? Should they be obliged to help them financially?
- Do parents have the right to read their children’s personal diaries?
- At what age should gadgets be introduced to children?
- If parents find out their teenage child takes drugs, do they need to apply to specific institutions or settle the problem on their own?
- Should parents allow teenagers to have plastic surgery if they don’t have obvious defects?
- Do parents need to invade their teenage children’s personal relationships?
- Should women and men have different rights and responsibilities in spousal relationships?
- Should healthcare systems be free or paid?
- Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Why or why not?
- Should fast food come with a warning, like cigarettes and alcohol?
- Would it be better if the world had a universal healthcare system?
- Should people who suffer from incurable diseases be euthanized if it is their wish?
- Is human cloning acceptable?
- Does the time when people go to bed affect their health?
- Should shopping addiction be considered as a real disease on a governmental level?
- Are causes of obesity more physical or mental?
- Should office workers be obliged to follow certain rules, such as washing hands, to reduce the frequency of spreading viruses and infections?
- Should the working day be shortened to six hours for the sake of health?
- Do children of school age need to be provided with free mental therapy?
- Does the lifespan depend on genetics more than on other factors?
- Can people live without meat at all?
- Do all kinds of sports bring benefits to people’s health?
Art, Movie, Literature
- Should bookstores establish age limitations for certain books?
- Are movies of the 21st century much crueler than movies filmed in the 20th century?
- To what extent should movies that depict historical events be accurate?
- Should schools use electronic textbooks to save paper?
- Should paintings that contain nudity be censored?
- Is it acceptable to bring children to exhibitions of a photographer who performs in nude style?
- Do actors take mental risks when playing different characters, including psychopaths and murderers?
- Should people read more books or articles to develop their mental horizons?
- Is watching television series a waste of time?
- Do famous artists have an innate talent, or do they put in great effort to learn how to draw?
Where to Get More Argumentative Essay Topics?
Every now and then finding topics for argumentative essays can be challenging for students. There are many ways to get a topic, such as looking for it on educational websites, asking your teacher for tips, exploring the textbook, looking through argumentative essay examples or reading newspapers to understand which issues are important and controversial nowadays. Also, you should know that EssayShark.com is always ready to provide you with essay help. If you have run out of ideas, just contact us and we’ll do our best to help you. We wish you good luck with your studying and to achieve all your academic goals!